Ladies Skills Clinic
Join us in Oakridge for our awesome Ladies Clinic at Mountain Bike Oregon!
Ride the diverse network of Oakridge trails, with off-trail and on-trail MTB skills instruction and riding techniques provided by our team of professional MTB Instructors.
Progression-focused, learn a range of techniques to improve your overall riding confidence. New for 2022 we have added an Advanced skills track in addition to our Beginner and Intermediate offerings that include:
- Friday & Saturday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Two full days of skills instructions finished with instructional trail-side riding on fun Oakridge single track.
- Instruction will be broken into groups specific to your riding abilities.
- Sunday, 8:30 AM – 1:30 PM
- One day of shuttled, guided, on-trail instruction on fun, flowy singletrack to put your new skills to the dirt.
- Daily morning yoga.
- Important basics and focused skills instruction for newer mountain bikers up to experienced intermediate riders.
- End every day with some high fives and mile wide smiles!
“The Ladies Clinic was awesome! The instructors were top notch, super supportive, energetic and personable.”
– Tina, 2019 participant
Skills Instruction Details
The MBO Ladies Skill Clinic is progression-focused. Your coaches will provide a range of techniques to improve your overall riding confidence including interpreting and breaking down skills to help you overcome challenges and take your riding to the next level.
- Space is limited to 35 ladies.
- We will have 3 coaches and additional skilled helpers, all with many years of experience.
- Our head coach is Amy Wilson, of Elevon MTB Coaching & Clinics who is a certified Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (PMBI).
- This is a no-drop event, we are only here to have fun!
- Friday & Saturday afternoon shuttles.
- These shuttles are for all MBO participants and won’t have a teaching component.
- 80 acres to camp along the banks of the beautiful Willamette River. Primitive camping w/ no hook ups. Room for RV’s, campers, Sprinter Vans, cars, and tents.
- Hot breakfast & coffee each morning and a bagged lunch Fri-Sunday.
- FREE! Bike demos (based on availability).
- Post-ride happy hour parties including exclusive Ladies Happy Hour!
- ALL INCLUSIVE nightly adult beverage garden (21 & over) that serves Oregon beer, wine, cider, & kombucha.
- Vendor area with many bike companies present showcasing their products.
- Nightly fun and games, including the famous mini bike race & music.
Frequently Asked Questions
My friend and I are interested in the skills camp, but are at different skill levels, will we be learning skills together or separately?
While we do encourage riders to learn at their individual skill level, we often receive this request and are happy to accommodate when possible.
After you register, and closer to the event, you can expect to receive a questionnaire that will help us to understand what skill level you are at, and to prepare more relevant skills instruction tailored for you.
The last time I mountain biked I fell hard. Now I want to overcome my fear of riding, is this possible through the camp?
Yes. Focusing on the positive connotations, positive – and objective mindset. Whether you are new to mountain biking or an experienced intermediate rider, we will start by reviewing the basics and progress into more focused skills instruction. Progression-focused, we will provide a range of techniques to improve your overall riding confidence!
We recommend you bring a mountain bike that fits you, that you feel comfortable with – AND that has been recently serviced, confirming brakes and all components are in working and safe condition. We might have a few demo bikes available from our vendors – pending availability.
We recommend you bring a trail (open-face) helmet for the skill sessions, and the ride on day 1. For the Sunday shuttle, you are welcome to wear either a full-face or your trail helmet – whichever you are more comfortable wearing. Remember – on the hot summer days, it will be very exhausting to wear a full-face in the skills session, please bring a trail helmet for this portion of the clinic.